(Cochrane, AB) – Cochrane municipal officials are pleased to announce that significant progress is being made in addressing the ongoing water wastewater incident. Repairs are actively underway on the water line, and reservoir levels are being effectively sustained during this challenging period. We extend our heartfelt appreciation to the community for their unwavering commitment to water conservation.
Cochrane remains under a Level Three Water Restriction, which entails the
- No Bulk Water Sales: Bulk water sales are temporarily suspended to preserve our water resources.
- No Outdoor Watering: Please refrain from any outdoor watering activities until further notice.
- Ability to Adjust Water Pressure: The Town retains the capacity to adjust water pressure as necessary to manage our water system effectively.
Cochrane emphasizes the importance of responsible water usage during this time.
Residents are encouraged to use the water they need, but kindly requested to be
conscious of our precious resources.
To assist in this effort:
- Avoid letting the tap run unnecessarily.
- Whenever possible, schedule activities such as showering, laundry, and dishwashing outside of peak usage hours, which typically occur from 6-9 a.m. and 4-9 p.m.
The cooperation of our community is valued as crews work together to overcome
this challenge. We will continue to provide updates on the progress of the repairs
and any changes to the water restrictions.
For additional information or inquiries please visit Cochrane.ca/emergencyresponse, or phone the incident call centre 403-851-7719.