Just announced, the Town Emergency Coordination Centre has approved the re-opening of The Cochrane Eco Centre next week, with modifications in place to protect staff and the community.
The Eco Centre will re-open at 9am starting Tuesday June 2, and then Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 9am until 5pm.
Some high-touch programs that could transmit COVID-19 have been temporarily suspended.
· Cardboard, newspaper, newsprint, mixed paper
· Mixed rigid plastic containers
· Beverage containers
· Food waste
· Mixed metal
· Branches, grass clippings, leaves
· Used oil, oil filters, anti-freeze liquid
· Propane tanks
· Textile/clothing donation
· Household Hazardous Waste
Please note that only half the drop-off windows will be open, so it’s easier to keep physical distance of two metres. Residents are asked to sort their waste at home before coming to the Eco Centre, to minimize the time at each window.
There will also be only three vehicles allowed in the yard at a time (traffic controlled at the gate), and only one person per vehicle who is wearing gloves will be allowed to handle material. Staff are not available to assist you.
Modified operations mean it will likely take longer to drop off recycling. The Eco Centre staff are asking everyone to be patient.
The Eco Centre is open to residents of Cochrane and Rocky View County only.
Programs temporarily suspended:
• Book room (including batteries, light bulbs, etc.)
• Large appliances (fridges, washers, dryers, microwaves, etc.)
• Plastic film
• Bike exchange