Today, Cochrane launches a transit service integration between Cochrane On-Demand Local Transit (COLT) and SOUTHLAND’s enhanced regional On-It service. The service offers regular routes between Cochrane and Calgary.
The enhanced service will increase local transit capacity and create a robust regional transit schedule that meets the needs of the community, offering easy and affordable options for people travelling between Cochrane and Calgary for work, school, shopping, and social activities.
Transit riders can connect from Cochrane to Calgary on the following routes:
- The Station to Brentwood LRT Station/University of Calgary – 7 trips per weekday
- The Station to Downtown Calgary – 4 trips per weekday
Calgary to Cochrane:
- Brentwood LRT Station/University of Calgary to The Station – 7 trips per weekday
- Downtown Calgary to The Station – 4 trips per weekday
“We are excited to work alongside our partner SOUTHLAND Transportation to help make this a reality for Cochrane. The integrated service will allow Cochranites to connect from their neighbourhood to Calgary without the need for a vehicle.”says Devin LaFleche, Community Connectivity Advisor, Town of Cochrane.
The regional service fares, which include the local COLT connection to the new transit hub, will cost:
- One way trip – $10
- 10 ticket pack – $80 ($8 per trip)
- 20 ticket pack – $150 ($7.50 per trip)
- Brentwood LRT Station Monthly Pass – $215 (roughly $5.40 per trip)
- Downtown Calgary Monthly Pass – $270 (roughly $6.75 per trip)
“By integrating COLT local transit and On-It regional transit, we are expanding upon the transit opportunities within Cochrane and the surrounding areas. With Cochrane’s strategic goals of bringing people together, the regional service is supporting community connectivity.”says Tara McFadden, Deputy Mayor, Town of Cochrane.
To celebrate the integrated service launch, SOUTHLAND Transportation is offering free On-It service between Cochrane and Calgary for the first three days of service, from August 29-31, 2022. Book your On-It trip through the Ride COLT app/webpage and at the time of booking use the promo code “On-It”.
For more information on the enhanced regional service, including routes and schedules, visit: ridecolt.ca/regional-service or onitregionaltransit.ca/colt-on-it-integrated-service.