As of 4:30pm Monday, November 9th, 2020, for the safety and protection of our community, it is now our mandated duty to wear a face covering while in indoor public spaces, and in public vehicles (with some exceptions).
Face coverings are NOT required:
· When eating or drinking at a public premises, like a restaurant.
· When you’re doing physical activity, like in a gym or fitness centre.
· For children under five years of age.
· In private spaces, like a home or office.
· People with disabilities or underlying medical conditions that affect their ability to wear a face covering.
· If you are unable to place, use or remove a face covering safely without assistance.
· If you are care-giving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability (for example, ability to lipread).
· For people who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service (for example, a visit to the dentist).
It is important for Cochrane to continue to thrive, for businesses to stay open and for our residents to stay healthy. Together, we can help prevent the spread of Covid-19.
NOTE: The mask bylaw will expire when Cochrane is under 10 active Covid-19 cases for 14+ days.
Learn more: #CochraneTogether