Did you know that we now have a new way to pay for purchases in town?
With an ever growing list of businesses joining up to accept the new currency (born May 19th, 2017), the next part is up to you! The public! The Cochrane Dollar initiative only works if we all get behind it, it costs us nothing to use and is a fun and easy way for all of us to work together to keep our local economy thriving.
The Cochrane Dollar is a paper currency that is valid only in Cochrane, Alberta. With many industry-standard security features included, you can spend Cochrane Dollars at participating local businesses as you would a Canadian Dollar, with its value guaranteed (dollar for dollar) by ATB Financial in trust.
To view and read more about the different denominations
of the Cochrane Dollar, click HERE.
Ways We Can Use Cochrane Dollars in Our Community:
– Give Cochrane Dollars (available in $1, $2, $5, $10, $20) as tips to your hairdresser, server or paper-person!
– Give your children their allowance in Cochrane Dollars.
– Give Cochrane Dollars to visitors who are staying with you. They can have fun discovering all the cool shopping and dining that Cochrane has to offer, while we keep those dollars circulating in town.
– Give Cochrane Dollars to friends and families in nearby towns and cities (like Canmore, Banff, Calgary, Red Deer etc.) as a unique Christmas or Birthday Gift. It will not only encourage them to visit YOU in the future, but will create the opportunity for them to experience a new side of Cochrane, by having a meal out at a new restaurant or by finding something to buy in one of our stores.
– Spend Cochrane Dollars at participating businesses around town.
If you are a business who is interested in participating in the Cochrane Dollar program, you can sign up here! The Town will provide you with a marketing kit, training and all the support you need to get started. There are no hard costs — and you can accept Cochrane Dollars and make change just like regular currency.
How to Get Cochrane Dollars:
To purchase Cochrane Dollars for your personal or business needs, head to the ATB Financial Cochrane Branch on 280 Fifth Ave. While you’re there, be sure to check out Canada’s 150th Birthday Cochrane Dollar — only 2017 in circulation!
Cochrane Dollar Facts >>> HERE
GIVEAWAY — ends Sunday, April 15th at 12:01am MST
Now, to get Cochrane using, collecting,
spending and circulating Cochrane Dollars,
let’s have a little giveaway!
The rules are as follows below:
– You must be a resident of Cochrane, Alberta who is 18 years of age or older.
– On the Urban Casual Facebook page,
find the giveaway post (pinned at the top of the feed) and
1) Like the post,
2) Tag a Local Cochrane Business that you
would like to spend the Cochrane Dollars at!
That’s it! Easy Peasy!
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and all opinions belong to UrbanCasual.ca.