(Cochrane, AB) – Cochrane would like to thank residents and businesses for their continued support and patience, as crews continue to respond to the recent water and wastewater incident.
With the approval of Alberta Environment, all affected parks and pathways adjacent to the Bow River are now open to the public, with the exception of Riverfront Park, which continues to be closed for ongoing maintenance and repairs. Residents can once again enjoy access to all parks and pathways east of Riverfront Park extending to Griffin Industrial Point. This includes Jim Uffelmann Memorial Park.
Starting at 4:30 p.m. today, November 2, the water and wastewater Incident Call Centre phone line will be dismantled and transitioned to regular operations.
- Inquiries can be directed to Cochrane reception at 403.851.2500.
- This phone line will be staffed during regular business hours, Monday to
Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
As a reminder, a level three water restriction remains in place. This includes:
- No bulk water sales.
- No outdoor watering.
- Town retains ability to adjust water pressure as deemed necessary.
To allow crews to continue work, the following road closures remain in effect until
- Partial road closure on West Side Drive between Quigley Drive and West Rock
- Partial road closure of Riverview Drive near Griffin Road West.
All updates and frequently asked questions will continue to be posted to