HIRING: Operations Manager, Part-Time 24-32 hours/wk with the potential to increase to FT.
WAGE: $16.50 / hr
WHERE: The Social Spot Marketplace, Cochrane (218 1st Street W.)
- ABOUT THE ROLE
- Reporting to the CEO, the Operations Manager is responsible for the day to day operations of The Social Spot Marketplace through vendor management and customer service.
- THIS POSITION IS FOR YOU IF YOU:
- Are excited at the opportunity to be part of a growing locally owned business.
- Have a desire to make new connections.
- Aren’t afraid to take initiative & think outside the box.
- Have a positive “take over the world” kind of attitude.
- Are passionate about supporting local.
- RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Interact with customers and process sales through Square.
- Facilitate relationships with vendors, manage re-stocks and provide bi-weekly stock reports.
- Some social media and marketing tasks.
- Maintain a clean and stocked office space & store front.
- Cover shifts in the store as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO, including event related admin tasks.
- CANDIDATE QUALIFICATIONS
- Previous experience in a retail environment is ideal.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of social media is an asset.
- Detail oriented, fast learner, ability to multitask and strong organizational skills.
- Computer proficient – experience with Square, Google Drive & Canva a definite asset.
- Strong grammar and writing skills.
- Friendly, outgoing and professional demeanor – non-negotiable 🙂
- Must be available to work weekends and evenings until 6pm. (currently Sun/Mon off)
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Note: Our space is only accessible via stairs.
Please send your resume and an email briefly detailing your availability, experience and why you think you’d be a good fit for this opportunity to Kailey Leonzio, CEO – firstname.lastname@example.org with “Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Website of business: http://quirksocial.ca
Job displayed until January 31, 2023
JOB SUBMISSION RULES:
- We will review your job submission to make sure it comes from a verified business. Please fill out the entire form HERE to be considered.
- Job listings that are in Cochrane, Alberta are free to submit on Urbancasual.ca, until further notice.
3. Jobs that are not in Cochrane, Alberta are more than welcome to list their job on Urbancasual.ca for a one-time fee of $15 (you will receive an invoice by email). *Our Morley neighbours are not included in this rule.
4. We reserve the right to edit job submissions for content and to reject without notice, those jobs which do not fit the theme of our website or which we deem inappropriate. We will review the content for accuracy.
5. By submitting a job to our website, you give Urban Casual Media and its representatives permission to contact you by email for a possible feature or advertisement placement.