- This event has passed.
Wolf You Be Mine? Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary
February 2 - February 13
The season of love has arrived, and the sanctuary has you covered for all your Valentine’s needs and plans. Whether you are looking for the perfect gift for your special person, want an activity to enjoy with a loved one, or looking to give the wolfdogs a little bit of extra affection, the Yamnuska Wolfdog Sanctuary has a variety of Valentine’s themed activities February 2nd to February 13th:
- For the first time ever, the Sanctuary is hosting an on-site virtual exploration to learn about the love stories of some of the packs. Join them for a Sanctuary Walk and scan the QR codes for videos describing how certain pairings came to be and how the animals fell in love!
- February’s Wild Enrichment Saturday, February 4th at 1:00 pm. The wolfdogs get treated to various flavoured snow cones. Will they roll on it, taste test or mark on the different offerings? Join them to find out.
- Valentine’s Enrichment will be happening throughout the two weeks, where guides will choose how to show their love to the various packs they interact with. Whether it is singing their devotions in the form of a howl or giving some cinnamon-scented items for them to roll on, you don’t want to miss these shows of affection.
- Get a limited-edition gift box for for your special person or loved one! They feature matching engraved mugs, hot chocolate for two, a card for you to write in, and a special surprise. Wolfdog pairings on the mugs include Kuna and Zeus, Loki and Rue or Lark and Ylva. Purchase in person at the sanctuary; limited quantities available.
- Visit the sanctuary and donate to give a Valentine to the wolfdog of your choice and post it in the giant heart. Help them fill the entire heart to let the wolfdogs know they are loved this season.
- The gift shop will be decorated with Valentine’s themed decorations — perfect for you to take a photo!